Monday 18 September 2017

Blood Cancer Awareness Month

Words.  I don’t really know what to write.  I don’t really know why I am doing this other than a need to write.  September is blood cancer awareness month by the way.  Blood cancer.  Two words.  Covers 134 different types of diagnosis.  The 3rd biggest diagnosis in the UK.  Combined, all the blood cancers together are the 5th biggest killer in the UK.  By the way.  More than breast or prostate.  Not that you would know that.  Anyways.  This is not a rant about charities who use dirty advertising.

It’s also national CML day this week.  Should probably write about that.  Should probably write something happy and upbeat.  Feels like it’s been a while since I had a happy post.

Interferon.  Last option before I have to decide.

Do I risk my life?  Do I potentially make myself worse?  Do I decide in two weeks that enough is enough.  What is enough?  What should I tolerate?  What is normal?  What should I be able to do each day?  It’s all so fuzzy.  Should every day be this much of an effort?

I don’t know. 

So far Interferon has been pretty rank.  I got it wrong.  I thought it was an injection every 3 weeks.  It's not.  I'm on a half dose weekly injection that I do myself. The first week was fucking awful.  God I felt ill.  Exhausted.  Pain.  Nausea.  And now.  Nearly 3 weeks in?  I still hurt.  Still exhausted.  Still feel a bit sick.  But better than 2 weeks ago.

I’m so fed up of all of this.  A waiting game.  My consultant today.  So hopeful and when I started to list all the side effects I'd been feeling her face fell again.  Apparently, I'm not her heart sink patient.  For this I love her more than words can say.  I trust she was telling me the truth!  And I could hear the question in her voice when she checked I was on half dose.  I think full dose would annihilate me.

I need to go to bed.  I’m at my co-working space and I’m not entirely sure where I’m going to get the energy from to stand up and walk to the train station and get home.  I had 9 hours sleep last night.

Not enough.

So I know I should be happy.  Write upbeat things.  Because who wants to be with someone who feels like I do? Who dares ask how I’m feeling?  Because people don’t actually want to know.  Not really.  Not the reality of how I feel.  We only like to hear good things.  I’m the same.  I’ve basically stopped looking at social media because in all honesty, I couldn’t give a flying fuck about the majority of the things mentioned.  What people are complaining about.  So why should anyone care or read about my shit?

So I sit here.  Writing this.  Knowing that so many don’t actually want to read what I write about.

I have lost a kilo though, so that’s good.

I am so fed up of all of this.  I just want to know.  But no one does.  No one can look into the future.  So I’m back to the hospital in 2 weeks.  I have decided to stay on Interferon for 2 more weeks.  Two injections left.  I hope to fuck it gets better.  This is it.  The end of the road.  Out of choices.  Decide which is best.  Or transplant.  

Stem Cell Transplant.  3 words.  That could be the end of my life.  But.  They could also be the start of my new life.  My life where I can really live.  Or is this a fantasy thought that doesn't exist?  The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  I don't know.

So this is my nothing of a blog post.  Ramblings that mean nothing. So many questions and no answers.

I’m not miserable all the time by the way.  I do smile and laugh.  I don’t just whinge in person.  It’s just tough at the moment.

I have an amazing consultant.  An amazing family.  Amazing friends and my Bloodwise gang who are always there.  The Bloodwise Ambassador Facebook group has become a bit of a lifeline.  No judgment.  So much support.  So amazing.  A little plea.  If you haven’t heard of Bloodwise look at their website.  Give some money.  They are why so many of us are alive.

With love and hope,  I still have hope.
XXX


2 comments:

  1. I really want to know how you feel! I wish I I knew you in person so you could whinge to your heart's content ( I may be quaffing wine at the same time) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you? You must be as mental than me! Ha ha ha. Thank you x

      Delete