Wednesday 29 August 2012

Charity stuff update

Well my bloglets,

It's been a while since I have done this.  I have meant to, but time seems to be running away at a monumental rate and you blink and another week has gone.

I have been fairly active on the charity front recently.  Pictures of me will me will be appearing in Macmillan literature.  The only not so great thing is that when they asked if I wanted to take part in a photoshoot I had assumed that there would be a make up artist.  I was wrong.  They wanted 'au natural' pictures.  Had I known this, I would have gone with make up caked on.....It was also slightly amusing as I was asked to be as I would be at home on the laptop etc, so did what I would do. I was then told by someone who worked at the charity if I could sit in a completely different way, hold the laptop differently etc etc etc.  I almost asked, why don't you tell me how you want me to be and I'll do that, rather than be 'me' and for it to not be what they wanted??!.....  Slightly different to shoots I have done before.  So here is one of the pics...


I have also been asked to do and interview for Grazia with a friend for Macmillan about friendship and cancer and also to plug their coffee morning, so will write about that after it has happened.  I have (as has Crouch) been interviewed over the phone by the journalist and the photoshoot is on the 14th Sept,  I will be going caked in make up just in case!!!

I have also done some TCT stuff as well.  I spoke at a cricket match which was hilarious as I know nothing about cricket or cricket players....there was a cricketer there called 'Tuffers'.  Apparently he is quite a big deal in the world that is of white sportswear and most importantly afternoon tea!  I can't really remember what I spoke about now, I know I made people laugh and nearly started crying so stopped earlier than had planned.  But hey ho, it sometimes happens.  Also, as I never write what I'm going to say it doesn't really matter when I stop talking either.  I don't have a pic of the celeb cricketers, so I'm afraid I can't show off with it on here, which is a bugger.

That's it for this one, as I am about to do a separate one about my last check up.

Lot of love, laughter and smiles,
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment