Thursday 20 August 2015

Liebster Award

One of my lovely twitter lot who reads my blog nominated me to do this.  Quite often I ignore things like this, but as she takes the time to read mine and recommended other people read it too, I thought I would.  I'm afraid I can't do the nominate other blogs to carry this on because I don't really read any.  Mainly because if I did that would be all that I did, and also, lots of people who blog do so because of illness and I can't really deal with that.  So I live in my little bubble trying to protect myself from others as much as possible.  Not because they don't deserve to have theirs read but because of the reaction it causes it me.  More often than not I get upset and angry because of 'what about me' mainly. 

So here are the answers to the questions I was asked and the picture of the Leibster Award.  Which is for those blogs that don't have thousands of followers or millions of reads per post.  To be honest, I'm amazed more than 5 of you read the shit that goes on in my head and in my life.  But there we go. And also, if you want to follow this please do. It always make me smile.  

When you were growing up what was your dream job?When I was little I always wanted to be a vet. But then the combination of a chemistry teacher who told me I wasn't good enough at science (tempted to find him and tell him I have a BA and a BSc now) and being teenage and realising that none of the good looking boys did science meant that I let the dream drift off. Then I discovered History of Art. An undergrad place at The University of Edinburgh. An interest in law and I decided that I would do a law conversion and try and get into art fraud. And then. I got a phone call. Cancer. So had to re-think that one. I have ended up as a Naturopathic Physician. I never knew it existed until 5 years ago. It wasn't my dream job when I was growing up. But it has turnout out to be just that.
Jack of all trades or Master of one?This is yet another tricky one to answer. I suppose I am a master of one get my training and qualification allows me to practice any therapy I am qualified in. I have a therapy tool box with around 16 therapies in it. So I could be called a jack of all trades.

Your favourite piece of music, and why?                                                                                
Impossible. I am mood and memory led by my music and can't pick just one. Things that always make me smile and remind me of child hood- Paul Simon Gracelands and The Travelling Willburys. And I can probably listen to The Foo Fighters regardless of mood. 

Fondest  childhood memory?                                                                                                            
Once again. Where to begin? My chocolate hedgehog cake when I was 4 with the red party dress and matching knickers. Riding my bike around inside when it was raining. Gertie the Black Lab. Meeting an elephant for my 10th birthday. 

Book or Kindle?
Book hands down every time. I have a kindle which is great for trips and travel but nothing replaces holding an actual book in your hands. 
If you could speak another language which would it be and why?
Arabic. I went to Egypt when I was 23 and fell in love with it that country
If you had to choose to live without one of your 5 senses, which would you give up?
Very difficult. Probably smell. I know it's only for short periods of time but it's not so bad when you lose your sense of smell when you have a cold. Not being able to taste, see, hear or touch would be very difficult.
 Craziest thing you've ever done?
Define crazy. I was a bit of a stupid teenager on occasion. Reckless behaviour after a few drinks. Went sky diving on my gap year. That was incredible. I have a tattoo on my left hand (soon to get another).  Booking flights to see my best friend in New York when I can't really afford it. Went back to uni to read a second undergrad degree and got another loan. Launching my own business and dedicating all my time to it and not getting a part time job. Many would view them as crazy. Or stupid. Or maybe they are the same thing. 
How did you choose your Twitter name?                                                                                            My twitter name is a bit stupid. It used to be my name and then as launching my business grew closer I realised I needed to hide my personal account as it is not professional at all. And I didn't want to lock it. I have done audioboo's in the past and the general reaction was 'oh my god you are so posh!' (I also fucking hate the word posh. It's insulting. Like the words chav and pleb. I don't call people those so massive object to being called posh). And one person said I sounded posher than the queen. And I swear a lot. So Swearing_Queen was born. 
If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Egypt. Just for a little bit. A truly magical country. 
So thank you to @Peasbloss for nominating me.
Until next time which I think will be very soon as my liver has been fucking around and should probably write about that.
Love, laughter and hope

No comments:

Post a Comment