Friday, 18 December 2015
The End of 2015
Well my lovely Bloglets,
I have been meaning to write for so long. Each day I think, I will do it today, and then before I know it, I’m in bed and the day has gone.
So today, I AM doing it. I couldn’t remember when I last wrote, so I went and checked my blog and saw that it was a few months ago.
I have so much to say but don’t want this to be stupidly long so I’ll cut it down.
1, Chemo – had to up the dose from 20mg a day which was really manageable in terms of energy levels but my leukaemic rate went up. Of course. Stupid fucking body. So now on 40mg which does a very good job of annihilating me. So. Good.
2. I’M BACK IN LONDON AND I FUCKING LOVE MY FLAT AND IT MAKES ME SO FUCKING HAPPY!!!!!
3 .My friends and family are fucking incredible, so a massive thank you to them for all the love and support I have had, yet again, given so graciously without asking anything from me in return over the last year.
4. I went to see my little Blonde in New York, it was a wonderful week and feels like forever ago.
5. Business is going well! Fingers crossed and watch this space for a really good 2016.
6. Marathon training is on track. Hauled myself out of bed (fatigue is shit at the moment) and managed 9.07miles in an hour and a half, so pretty fucking chuffed with that. (www.virginmoneygiving.com/KatherineRuane. Thank you, thank you, thank you).
7. I’m not being quite so mental about my weight, which is nice. I stupidly have a check up on the 7th January, so will be going for lots of runs over Christmas.
8. Generally speaking, all in all, I am happy and have been since I moved back to London which is a bit of a weird feeling as I was, in reality, so miserable for so long. But I’m also so aware of it and so grateful that I have come out the other side. Even with my body fucking about and not playing ball.
9. So I think all I have left to say is.
10. Thank you for being there for me this year since all the shit happened and I had to leave Brixton. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
With love, and so much hope,