Thursday 18 June 2009

I'm now down to 8 weekly check ups!

Dear All,

Well I had my check up yesterday and more good news.  The rate is down to 0.05% and the platelets are up to 122 which is brill!  I was a bit upset that the Leukaemic rate wasn't down more, but as my darling little mummy pointed out who came with me, that I have started work full time, I'm running before work three times a week and doing social stuff which uses up energy and it's amazing that I haven't taken a step backwards.  Also tis true, I have been doing lots more and haven't been struck down with exhaustion or my tired shooting pains down the side of me head, so that is fab!

On the running front, I can now run about 3 miles without dying which is good.  Am doing gradual progress rather than going mental in 6 weeks, so hopefully soon I shall be able to run a fair distance.  I'm going to start running home from work soon and then do a lap of the common as I only work 2 and a bit miles from home.  It's amazing how close everything is in central london!  And yes, I do consider that Clapham is fairly central, it's not like it's zone 5 or anything!  So the running continues.....

What else?  Ooh I bought some AMAZING shoes yesterday, actually I bought 2 pairs which made me very very happy after being a bit down after my check up.  Who says money can't buy happiness??  That's bollocks, I was happy as larry and I only spent £150!  (thank god for credit cards!!)

I think there was something else I was going to mention, but I can't remember now.....it might come back to me before I finish this, if not I'll blog again, or assume that it really wasn't important/interesting at all!

A big thank you to those of you who have already parted with cash for my run!

Lots of love, laughter and smiles,
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment