Thursday 8 June 2017

No Words

I have no words.  I don’t know what to say.  I don’t know what to write.  I don’t really know why I am doing this.  My head is empty.  It’s gone.

It started slowly a couple of days ago and seems to have hit me smack in the face today.

Fatigue.

I’m exhausted.

Fuck.

I’m on a half dose – I take Ponatinib every other day.  No one else takes it like that.  It was ok.  Legs started hurting after a week.  But that was ok. It’s manageable.  A dull internal ache.  Not really a pain.  It’s hard to describe.  Always there but not really bothering me.  This meant I have stayed on every other day instead of going to daily.

I started it nearly 3 weeks ago.

Yesterday I noticed that I started to feel tired after lunchtime.  I clocked it.  I had hoped it was just because the day before I had been up early.  But I felt tired on Tuesday afternoon and spent from 5pm on the sofa.  I had around 10 and a half hours on Tuesday night. 

I thought it was just a blip.

Yesterday I saw a client, then a meeting, then a bit of work and supper with a friend.  Nothing hectic.  Arguably much less that I have been doing over the last few weeks.  And at supper time I felt tired.  Really tired. My eye was twitching.  A fatigue signal of mine.  I was going to walk home but couldn’t face it.  I went to bed at 8.40 last night.  Not to sleep straight away, but I had to get into bed.

Today, after 11 hours sleep last night, I thought I would carry on as I have been over the last few weeks.  I went for a short run – just over 2 miles, then voted, and no, I’m not going to talk about that, and walked to my work space.

And I noticed my eyes.  My face.  I feel heavy.  My eyes are burning.  I don’t have any energy.  I can’t be fucked to do my work.  I don’t even have the energy to cry about feeling like this again.

Maybe it’s a glitch.  The heaviness is reminiscent of my fatigue.  I don’t know.  I don’t know what it feels like to be normal tired, or what’s a normal amount to get done, or at what point you feel exhausted after being able to have a life.  My reference points aren’t what everyone else’s are.

All I know is that after nearly 3 weeks back on chemo I don’t feel right.  I don’t feel like me from a couple of weeks ago. 

And I was really hoping that every other day would have fuck all impact.  Like taking half a paracetamol for a migraine.

Apparently not.

Check up on Monday.


So fucking fed up of all of this.

1 comment:

  1. I take Gleevec after lunch and no nausea. I see a Naturalpath to help deal with side effects of the medication and support organs being stressed by the medication. He prescribed Restorative made by Seven Forsets for the fatigue, Grapeseed extract for the eye bleeds. I've never had this much energy ever, and no eye bleeds. Only remaining side effect was leg cramps. Naturalpath just passed on a tip from 2 older Japanese ladies: tie a string (I used parachute cord) around big toes, just enough to touch skin, leave no indents. No more cramps. Mine occurred only at night, so I remove cords in the morning. I highly recommend seeing a Naturalpath, preferably one with experience treatIng cancer patients.

    ReplyDelete