Sunday 13 April 2008

He did the marathon in 4 hours!

Dear all, I had written a nice long witty and amusing blog which I hadn't quite posted and lost the internet connection, ad guess what...I lost the post!!

So here's what I can remember,

Today was the day and he did it through the rain, and apparently at Tower Bridge, snow!! He hit the wall like you wouldn't believe it, (for those of you who don't know what that it, it's when you get to about 18 miles and your vision goes and your legs stop working etc etc etc), his left knee stopped working, he was over taken my crazy grannies (you have NO idea how many of them there are!!!) and he finished. I don't think I have ever been prouder. He put him self through I can't remember how many months of training and 4 hours of hell for me!! What else could you ask for??

Oh and he also thinks he's lost all of his toe nails!! Daddy nearly vomited when I said that, HA HA HA!!! How I love the amusement I get from the squeemish!!

For those of you who have not yet donated, and mean to, please, please, please do it!! The clock is now ticking on the amount of time left to donate and every single penny makes such a difference!! And makes my blubbing as I walked through Piccadilly so much more meaningful!!

A great big thank you to all who have been so supportive and wonderful and amazing and (shut up Katherine or you will start to blub, and I don't think those on the train would be able to deal with it!...How I love those that GNER, or rather East Coat something as they are now called, and the free wireless so I can do this to fill my time on the way back to Edinburgh!)

He's amazing, I love him so much, he's a little (can you call someone over 6ft little???) superstar!!

Lots of love, smiles, laughter, and let's face it a little teary looking,
Me XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment