Saturday 14 February 2009

My article is out, and recent check up

Exciting news is that my article is out in Company magazine, p78! If you have a couple of quid and walk past a newsagents or supermarket, buy it! It is not as I would write an artice about the Leukaemia, but there is a nice photo!

Had my most recent check up on Wed. My consultant was going to up my chemo dosage up to the normal level(100 mg). It was lowered in Edinburgh (70mg)when my platelet count went mental. My consultant said that as it's a higher dose, would get faster results. But I have been having slight reactions to the chemo recently, so she has put that on hold til my next check up which is in 6 weeks rather than 8. The reaction is prickly skin, so nothing bad or anything, but it's not great that it's happening. If it does progress into anything worse, there are 2 other drugs that I can go on, so not the end of the world. Slightly annoying because it gets in the way of my grand plan and moving to Egypt.

My counts were fine, white, 5.9 and platelets were around 128 I think off the top of my head. Didn't have Leukaemic rate results....prob next time.

Am still jobless and have been rejected by the Cancer Research grad scheme....fuckers! And as I have been told my many a person (my parents and sister!) that it probably wasn't the job for me! Have applied for a job at Leukaemia Research so shall see what happens...

That's about it really. Am debating about going out tonight to find some poor victim as it's Valentines day, blah blah blah, or about buying a chick flick and a tub of ice cream and staying in....we shall see!

Until next time, lots of love, laughter and smiles,
XXX

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katherine,

    I write for a features agency in Berkshire called Wessex Features and we write stories for magazines and newspapers. I've just seen your story in Company and wondered if you'd be interested in doing another article for a magazine or newspaper. If you are then please get in touch on 01488686810, 07501221880 or at news@britishnews.co.uk (FAO Lucy Jones). Hope you're well and hopefully hear from you soon!

    Thanks,
    Lucy Jones
    Features Journalist

    ReplyDelete