Monday 5 September 2011

Ooh new blogspot layout

WHich you guys can't see, but it's quite exciting for me!

Anyways, that was not the point of this.  The point is to put the missing text from the last one, which I didn't realise had been cut off.  So for those of you who have been wondering about what I was babbling on about, here it is:


Which you guys can't see, but it's quite exciting for me!

Anyways, that was not the point of this.  The point is to put the missing text from the last one, which I didn't realise had been cut off.  So for those of you who have been wondering about what I was babbling on about, here it is:

> Sooo Melbourne has been and gone in a flash. Especially as I thought I was
> going to be there a day longer than I was.  Thank fuck I checked my flight
> details a few days before I was due to leave or I would have turned up at
> the airport a day late!!  Also, it's a bloody good thing my flight was when
> it was and not earlier as Christchurch has had shite loads of snow
> (unfortunately hardly any is left now) and they closed the airport for I
> think 3 days.  In classic me styleee of not paying attention to the news
> either on tv, radio or newspapers I had NO idea that this had happened until
> I started talking to the guy on the plane next to me and he told me what had
> been happening.
>
> So no more about Christchurch or the flight as that will be in he next one.
> Although I do feel that I need to say this about Christchurch now.  Because
> I do not pay much attention to the news because I like the naive little
> bubble I live in with as little bad news as possible, I was not truly aware
> of the damage done to this city.  I just went for a walk into the town
> centre, or rather tried to.  All the roads are shut off with barriers and
> the buildings are all empty and the shops are all shut.  Its like being in a
> ghost town.  I am so gad that I am here for the 2 nights simply to make
> myself aware of what has happened and what the people of Christchurch were
> faced with and have been dealing with since the earthquakes hit.
>
> Anyways, I can feel myself getting upset, so I will move onto happier things
> like miniature (33cm fully grown) penguins and more koalas and kangaroos
> etc.  And of course food!!
>
> I arrived in Melbourne after about 9 hours of travel.  2 and a half hours on
> a coach from Canberra to Cootamundra and that coach journey was the longest
> in my life.  The reason for this was the hideous woman I was sitting next to
> and the fucking awful way in which she treated her 2 sons. Brooklyn was 3
> and Trey (Tray?!) was about 11 months.  She expected Brooklyn to sit in his
> seat for 2 and a half hours and sleep after she had given him sweets and
> chocolate milk.  She had no books or anything for him to look at and every
> time he moved or started singing to himself she told him to 'shut the fuck
> up and go to sleep or I'm going to fucking belt you round the face' and then
> smacked his legs about 3 times.  Nice.  When Trey woke up after being asleep
> she also gave him chocolate milk and he started grumbling because he was
> bored of sitting on her lap she smacked him to stop him from moving,and when
> he started to cry she smacked him until he stopped.  I have never been so
> happy to get off a bus in my life!!!!  I then got on a very comfy train and
> read/slept/looked at the scenery for 7 hours until the train got to
Melbourne.

No comments:

Post a Comment