Wednesday 19 January 2011

4 Years Today!!!!

Well my faithful little followers,

I can't believe that 4 years ago today I received 'that' phone call from the Western General Hospital in Edinburgh and this little journey began.  This is not going to be a maudlin or angry post because I'm not.  Today is a happy day and I can honestly tell you that as I type this in a cafe on the Tottenham Court Road, where I am doing my Biology revision, I am looking past over everything I've been through and am doing it with a smile.

I have met many wonderful people, learnt and experienced many wonderful things that I otherwise would not have.  And for this, I can not be anything but grateful.  I have learnt who I am, and admittedly other than the few kilos I want to lose, I am comfortable with me.  I know my downfalls, and yes peeps, I am not perfect, and know it, BUT I'm still pretty fucking fab!

The past 4 years have been an opportunity to learn and develop and I think I have grasped it with both hands and have made me a better person.

I also want to say a massive thank you to you all.  For all the support, encouragement and love I have had from everyone has been outstanding, and I am truly lucky to have you all in my life.  And I would like to mention especially my little Mummy.  Without her it would have been very different, and the wisdom she has is unbelievable, the hours she spent researching diet and alternative treatment whilst working like a maniac is truly inspiring.  Also, my Daddy aka Kevla, my big sister Claudia and by little 'big' brother Milo.  You have all been incredible and a better family and support group couldn't be found. I love you all with all of my heart.

So I should really get back to my revision now...and fingers crossed that this is the year when I return to 'normality' and that I get the Leukaemic rate down to 0.00%.

With so much love, laughter and smiles,
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment