Monday 10 January 2011

And the biology revision has started

Well my little bloglets,

I have all but one of my blood results so thought I'd whack them on here.  Also my revision has officially started for an upcoming Biology test.  You would think from my attitude towards it that it was a massively important final.  It is not.  In fact is is a very short, 1 hour in class test, but as I did, ummm, well..... NO work for Biology last term, well other than the essay, and go to all the lectures, I didn't go over notes etc so know sweet fuck all!  Due to this am a little bit scared about the test as there is SO MUCH TO KNOW!!!  All these words that I can't pronounce, let alone spell, and the cells have so many different things in them, and an animal cell is different to a plant cell and AGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! (oh, well if that question comes up, I will get one mark!  Woop!) At least I understand everything, so it is just remembering it, rather than with chemistry where I had to teach myself some stuff before the test.  I do however have time, so as long as I keep off the internet other than to download the lecture notes and to look things up that I don't know, I will be fine.  However today I have been 'revising' since midday, it is now 3 o'clock and I have only taken notes from 2 pages of A4.  I have on the other hand looked into the new camera I will be buying this week, added another couple of albums to my amazon basket, and checked facebook, ooh, about every 5 mins.  Luckily for me, there are others in my position, so there are lots of things to comment on to keep me amused.  Oh, and of course I am now on here.

So I should probably let you know my results and piss off to do some work....

White count, 4
Haemoglobin 12.7
Platelets 112

I don't get the PCR (Leukaemic rate) for a week which is tres annoying as it's the only one I really care about.  As you can see the Platelets have dropped from 160 to 112 (little fuckers) but they are still quite high, so that's all good.

I also feel that I should mention something else at this point.  I went out for a friends birthday on Saturday night and was sitting next to a guy who raises money for Leuka by doing stupid things like cycling 1,000km over the alps!!  (Fucking idiot!)  Now, some of you might be thinking and.... Well the mental thing is that Leuka is a charity set up by someone who was a patient at my clinic and it's a charity just for my clinic!!!  How crazy is that?!?!  For all the people in London to be sitting next to each other.  Must have been fate!  He has also met my consultant.  So that all ties in nicely to this blog.

Right, really should sod off and do some more biology, the problem is that a) I can't be arsed and b) I have just had lunch, so all I want to do is sleep..... Bugger, just though of something to add, aggrrr, ummm, oh yes. Well you know how I am always cold?!?  Actually that has made me think if I've moaned about it on here, maybe not...anyways, check out the AMAZING sleeping bag suit my sister got me for Christmas so I can be nice and toasty in my flat.  And also, so how photographic I am.  I should definitely be a model!



Lots of love, laughter and smiles as ever,
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment