Monday 30 September 2013

I feel alive!!

So, I did in fact write a brand new post a couple of days ago and my computer decided to refresh the page and I lost it.  Stupid fucking technology dickhead computer.

I went to a Shine event last week and it was interesting to discover that people not only in their 20s and 30s but also their 40s want age appropriate care!  I have never thought about that…. So I think I have found (another) place to share my experience and hopefully help make things better.  At the event I met someone who also blogs and he said that he never posts the same blog in two different places which made me think and feel lazy.  I have then thought about how busy I am and my energy levels and have decided that it’s better to post the same thing in two places and to reach a wider audience and hopefully have a positive impact, than only post in one place less often because I can’t be bothered to write a new one, or a slightly different one to put in another place.  Having said that, I don’t know if I will put this on my blog blog, but I think that actually I might….. And I clearly have decided to.

So.  Exciting news.  I FEEL ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO FUCKING HOO!!!!!!  This is the first time I have felt like this, since, well I can’t remember when.  It has taken a good couple of weeks since my consultant took me off the chemo to notice any change, but I can honestly say that in the last week I have felt different.  Not so tired and more able to speak and talk and think and walk at the end of a long day.  Today I was up early and didn't go to bed early enough last night, had a full day in clinic at Uni and had an intense afternoon taking my patient and assisting with another.  I then went out with a friend for a cup of tea to catch up after.  It’s now 20 past 9, and admittedly I do feel tired, it’s not the same tiredness I had before.  I actually feel able to think and talk and don’t just want to cry.  The exhaustion hasn't taken over, and because of that I feel amazing!  I feel truly positive and excited about my check up on Thursday which hasn't happened in ages.  I know I will have to go back on the drugs, but I'm hoping I can negotiate a few more days off whilst they wait for the Leukaemic rate result to come back and to make their decision after that.

As its 9.25 I should probably stop this and get ready for my day tomorrow.  Also need to print my talk for Find Your Sense of Tumour (Teenage Cancer Trust conference) so I can go through it and see where changes need to me made etc and most importantly, so it makes sense!

Hope all is well with everyone,
Lots of love and laughter,

XXX

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Katie! I was just reading through a few of your posts and had a quick question about your blog. I was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance -emilywalsh688 (at) gmail.com- Thanks : )

    Emmy

    ReplyDelete